Fall 2014 Professional Development Workshops
**New 2nd Half Semester Schedule Posted**
The second half of the fall workshops are now available for registration (required).
Descriptions and learning outcomes for each session can be found here. Please register in advance for all events.
Contact Jill Kramer with questions.
UPCOMING ADVISING EVENTS (click on the title of the workshop for more information)
- December Coffee Conversations: FERPA and Working with Parents
- December 5, 2014 8:30-9:30am 2030 Morrill Hall
- Registration has closed. This event is full. Please email Jill Kramer to determine if a spot has opened up. Thanks.
Archived workshop presentations and handouts are located here.
PAST ADVISING EVENTS (Handouts/Presentations for past events can be found here)
- September Coffee Conversations: Embracing Technology in Advising
- Thank you to Denise Williams and Kyle Holtman for the engaging and illuminating presentation! Click here to view the workshop slides.
- September New Adviser Exchange: Examining the use of Student Development Theory in Academic Advising
- Thank you to Kelsey Smyth for her insight in the practical application of theory to advisees and advising scenarios. Click here to view the workshop slides.
- Fall 2014 Advising Summit: Building the Foundations of Academic Advising Excellence
- October 2, 2014 8am-12:45pm Memorial Union
- Thank you to all the presenters, facilitators and panelists who shared their experiences and expertise with us!
- Click here to view Summit presentations and handouts.
- Teaching and Learning Circle: Insights into Advising (3-part event)
- November 4, November 11 and November 20 11:30-12:45 2030 Morrill Hall
- No resources/handouts available.
- Will be repeated in Spring 2015
- New Adviser Exchange: Advising as Coaching: Empowering At-Risk and Marginalized Students
- November 19, 2014 8:30-10:00am 2030 Morrill Hall
- Thank you to Jason Wiegand for his engaging and powerful presentation.
- Click here to view presentation materials. (TO BE POSTED SOON)
- New Adviser Exchange: NACADA: Conference Engagement and “Hot Topics”
- December 2, 2014 2:30-4:00pm 2030 Morrill Hall
- Thank you to all presenters for sharing their experiences engaging with NACADA and attending the Annual Conference.
- Click here to view presentation materials.
Spring 2015 Graduation Information for Advisers - New!
University Academic Advising Committee (UAAC) Meetings
The University Academic Advising Committee (UAAC) meets monthly. All meetings are from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. See the UAAC link at right or contact a member for more information.
UAAC Fall 2014 Meeting Schedule*
- September 18
- October 16
- November 20
- December 11
Academic Intervention Self-Assessment
Online Self-Assessment Tutorial - **LINK HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY DISABLED** Contact Jill Kramer (email@example.com) with questions.
Academic Advising Innovation Grant Program
The application period for the 2014-2015 grants has closed. Please email Jill Kramer with grant-related questions or adviser professional development ideas.