Fall 2014 Professional Development Workshops - New!
The first half of the fall workshops are now available for registration (if required).
Descriptions and learning outcomes for each session can be found here. Please register in advance for those events that require you to do so.
Contact Jill Kramer with questions.
- September Coffee Conversations: Embracing Technology in Advising
- September New Adviser Exchange: Examining the use of Student Development Theory in Academic Advising
- September 16, 2014 11:15-12:45 2030 Morrill Hall
- Thank you to Kelsey Smyth for her insight in the practical application of theory to advisees and advising scenarios. Click here to view the workshop slides.
- Fall 2014 Advising Summit: Building the Foundations of Academic Advising Excellence
- October 2, 2014 8am-12:45pm Memorial Union
- Registration required no later than September 24.
Advisers working with Veterans - Reminder!
Before approving schedule changes for student veterans, please check with the V.A. certifying officials in the Office of the Registrar. Schedule changes may affect their veteran’s education benefits.
Fall Graduation Information for Advisers
Graduation Application and Degree Audit Checks
Adviser Early Degree Audit Review
University Academic Advising Committee (UAAC) Meetings
The University Academic Advising Committee (UAAC) meets monthly. All meetings are from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. See the UAAC link at right or contact a member for more information.
UAAC Fall 2014 Meeting Schedule*
- September 18
- October 16
- November 20
- December 11
*If you want to add a topic for discussion to an upcoming meeting, please email one of the 2014-2015 UAAC Co-chairs, Joe Burnett or Diann Burright.
Academic Intervention Self-Assessment
Online Self-Assessment Tutorial
AISA - Obstacles List
Academic Advising Innovation Grant Program
The application period for the 2014-2015 grants has closed. Please email Jill Kramer with grant-related questions or adviser professional development ideas.