2015-2016 Catalog Now Available
The 2015-2016 Catalog is now live at http://catalog.iastate.edu/. The previous 2014-2015 Catalog is available in pdf format and will soon be added to to the Previous Catalogs section of the catalog website.
New Degree Audit System
The new ISU Degree Audit System went live in January. Users should notice very few differences in the audit; most changes are in the appearance. Users still login through AccessPlus. For adviser instructions, visit: http://www.registrar.iastate.edu/degree-audit/adviseraudits. A video tutorial was recently added at the top of the adviser instruction webpage as well.
Spring 2015 Professional Development Workshops
Contact Jill Kramer with questions.
UPCOMING ADVISING EVENTS (click here more information on each workshop)
April 15, 2015 3:00-4:30pm
PAST ADVISING EVENTS
- Thank you the incredible presenters, Kyle Holtman, Kelsey Smyth, & Jenny Gibbs, for sharing their experience and knowledge with participants.
- Presentation materials and session handouts
February 16, 2015 11:50-1:00pm; February 23, March 2, and March 9 11:30-12:45pm - **CANCELLED** Insights into Advising: Teaching and Learning Circle (4 sessions)
February 18, 2015 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. NACADA Webinar: Academic Advising for Military Students
- Thank you to Jathan Chicoine from the ISU Veteran's Center for leading a wonderful discussion at the conclusion of the webinar.
- Webinar handout
Thank you to all presenters, contributers and attendees for making the 5th Annual Advising Breakfast a success!
February 26, 2015 11:30-1:00pm
Adviser Exchange: Mapworks and the Student Success Collaborative: Using student survey and big data analytics to support student achievement and success
- Thank you to Keith Robinder and Meloday Schobert for presenting and sharing their knowledge about these topics.
- Presentation materials now available
- Thank you to Chelsey Gates and the Academic Success Center staff for facilitating the post-webinar discussion and providing very useful resources (see link below).
- Webinar Handouts and ASC Resources now avialable
Mindset: How we can Learn to Fulfill our Potential; Teaching and Learning Circle
March 12, 2015 8:30-10:00am
- A HUGE thank you to Jessica Fincham and Ashley Huth with ISSO for presenting such important information about supporting international students.
- For a copy of their presentation and other helpful handouts, click here.
Archived workshop presentations and handouts are located here.
Spring 2015 Graduation Information for Advisers
University Academic Advising Committee (UAAC) Meetings
The University Academic Advising Committee (UAAC) meets monthly. All meetings are from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m on Thursdays. See the UAAC link at right or contact a member for more information.
UAAC Spring 2015 Meeting Schedule*
Thursday, January 22, 8:30-10am in 2030 Morrill Hall
Thursday February 19th 8:30 – 10 am in 3150 Beardshear
Thursday March 26th 8:30 – 10 am in 3150 Beardshear
Thursday April 23rd 8:30 – 10 am in 3150 Beardshear
Academic Intervention Self-Assessment
Online Self-Assessment Tutorial - **LINK HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY DISABLED** Contact Jill Kramer (email@example.com) with questions.
Academic Advising Innovation Grant Program
The application period for the 2014-2015 grants has closed. Please email Jill Kramer with grant-related questions or adviser professional development ideas.