Fall 2014 Professional Development Workshops
**New 2nd Half Semester Schedule Posted**
The second half of the fall workshops are now available for registration (required).
Descriptions and learning outcomes for each session can be found here. Please register in advance for all events.
Contact Jill Kramer with questions.
UPCOMING ADVISING EVENTS (click on the title of the workshop for more information)
- Teaching and Learning Circle: Insights into Advising (3-part event)
- November 4, November 11 and November 20 11:30-12:45 2030 Morrill Hall
- Please note that the first two dates fall on Tuesdays with the third meeting being held on a Thursday.
- Attendees must be able to commit to all three dates to allow for the richest discussion circles to take place.
- Lunch is provided and limited to the first 15 advisers to register.
- November can be a difficult month for some advisers to find time to get away from their offices. This event will be repeated in the Spring semester (likely in mid-February 2015).
- Articles and chapters will be shared electronically with attendees upon their registration. All readings are of a reasonable length to cover over the course of each week between sessions.
- Registration is required no later than October 30th.
- Click here to register.
Archived workshop presentations and handouts are located here.
PAST ADVISING EVENTS
- September Coffee Conversations: Embracing Technology in Advising
- September New Adviser Exchange: Examining the use of Student Development Theory in Academic Advising
- Fall 2014 Advising Summit: Building the Foundations of Academic Advising Excellence
Advisers working with Veterans - Reminder!
Before approving schedule changes for student veterans, please check with the V.A. certifying officials in the Office of the Registrar. Schedule changes may affect their veteran’s education benefits.
Fall Graduation Information for Advisers
Graduation Application and Degree Audit Checks
Adviser Early Degree Audit Review
University Academic Advising Committee (UAAC) Meetings
The University Academic Advising Committee (UAAC) meets monthly. All meetings are from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. See the UAAC link at right or contact a member for more information.
UAAC Fall 2014 Meeting Schedule*
- September 18
- October 16
- November 20
- December 11
*If you want to add a topic for discussion to an upcoming meeting, please email one of the 2014-2015 UAAC Co-chairs, Joe Burnett or Diann Burright.
Academic Intervention Self-Assessment
Online Self-Assessment Tutorial - **LINK HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY DISABLED** Contact Jill Kramer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
AISA - Obstacles List
Academic Advising Innovation Grant Program
The application period for the 2014-2015 grants has closed. Please email Jill Kramer with grant-related questions or adviser professional development ideas.