**Academic Advising Innovation Grant Program** UPDATED
Applications for the 2015-2016 grants are now open. Deadline to apply is July 15, 2015. Guidelines and application forms can be found online.Please email Jill Kramer with grant-related questions or adviser professional development ideas.
Spring 2015 Professional Development Workshops
Contact Jill Kramer with questions.
UPCOMING ADVISING EVENTS (click here more information on each workshop)
April 23, 2015 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
PAST ADVISING EVENTS
- Thank you the incredible presenters, Kyle Holtman, Kelsey Smyth, & Jenny Gibbs, for sharing their experience and knowledge with participants.
- Presentation materials and session handouts
February 16, 2015 11:50-1:00pm; February 23, March 2, and March 9 11:30-12:45pm - **CANCELLED** Insights into Advising: Teaching and Learning Circle (4 sessions)
February 18, 2015 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. NACADA Webinar: Academic Advising for Military Students
- Thank you to Jathan Chicoine from the ISU Veteran's Center for leading a wonderful discussion at the conclusion of the webinar.
- Webinar handout
Thank you to all presenters, contributers and attendees for making the 5th Annual Advising Breakfast a success!
February 26, 2015 11:30-1:00pm
Adviser Exchange: Mapworks and the Student Success Collaborative: Using student survey and big data analytics to support student achievement and success
- Thank you to Keith Robinder and Meloday Schobert for presenting and sharing their knowledge about these topics.
- Presentation materials now available
- Thank you to Chelsey Gates and the Academic Success Center staff for facilitating the post-webinar discussion and providing very useful resources (see link below).
- Webinar Handouts and ASC Resources now avialable
Mindset: How we can Learn to Fulfill our Potential; Teaching and Learning Circle
March 12, 2015 8:30-10:00am
- A HUGE thank you to Jessica Fincham and Ashley Huth with ISSO for presenting such important information about supporting international students.
- For a copy of their presentation and other helpful handouts, click here.
April 15, 2015 3:00-4:30pm
- Thank you to Jane Jacobson and Dana Schumacher for their wonderful presentation on early credit and strategies to support student's decisions.
- Presentation materials can be found here.
Archived workshop presentations and handouts are located here.
University Academic Advising Committee (UAAC) Meetings
The University Academic Advising Committee (UAAC) meets monthly. All meetings are from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m on Thursdays. See the UAAC link at right or contact a member for more information.
UAAC Spring 2015 Meeting Schedule*
Thursday, January 22, 8:30-10am in 2030 Morrill Hall
Thursday February 19th 8:30 – 10 am in 3150 Beardshear
Thursday March 26th 8:30 – 10 am in 3150 Beardshear
Thursday April 23rd 8:30 – 10 am in 3150 Beardshear
Academic Intervention Self-Assessment
Online Self-Assessment Tutorial - **LINK HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY DISABLED** Contact Jill Kramer (email@example.com) with questions.