Advising Innovation Grant
The Academic Advising Innovation Grant Program is designed to support initiatives that will enrich the academic advising experiences of undergraduate students and enhance the ability of academic advisers to meet the needs of a growing diverse undergraduate student population at Iowa State University. The program will encourage and support the development of innovative advising related programs or the expansion of best practices across the institution. The funding can be used to support creative programs at the departmental, college, or university level. Funding is available for either one-time programming/expenses or as seed money to stimulate additional funding from other sources for longer-term initiatives. Application deadline: rolling deadline, with review every two months (next review at the end of September 2016).
Examples of initiatives eligible for funding might include:
- Developing new faculty mentoring model
- Creating targeted advising programs for distinct populations (e.g. second-year students, international students, etc.)
- Developing new on-line system/service associated with advising
- Offering unique professional development for advisers to meet changing student needs
- Developing new programming and collaborations between student affairs and a college office
- Assisting faculty advisers in developing scholarship of teaching and learning associated with academic advising
- Purchasing software, resource materials, etc. to support advising
- Invitation of nationally known speaker on advising
Grant proposals may be submitted by ISU faculty or staff, as individuals or as teams. However, at least one of the participants is required to have undergraduate academic advising responsibilities. Collaborative proposals are encouraged, including proposals that indicate partnerships between academic departments and other units on campus. Grant applications will not be accepted at this time for individual academic adviser travel/conference attendance.
For questions about grant eligibility or the application process, contact email@example.com.
Please refer to the links below for more information on Advising Innovation Grant guidelines and the application form!