Midterm Grade Submit and Class List Information
Spring 2020 Midterm Grade Submit Deadline: Friday, March 6, 2020 by 2:15 p.m.
All midterm grades must be entered by this time, as AccessPlus and Canvas grading systems will shut down promptly at 2:15 p.m. No extensions can be granted; there is no late grade processing for midterms.
GRADE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
All midterm grades of C-, D+, D, D-, F, and nonattendance must be submitted through either AccessPlus or Canvas. All F grades submitted via AccessPlus must include a comment indicating the reason for the F grade: Earned, Never Attended, or Stopped Attending, which requires the instructor to provide a Last Date of Attendance, which is the instructor’s best reasonable estimate for the last date of academic activity for the students.
No grades should be reported for students who have earned a C or above.
Do not submit grades via both Canvas and AccessPlus; AccessPlus will always override Canvas grades regardless of last submitted.
A confirmation email will be sent for each class list for which grades are submitted. If you do not receive a confirmation email, return to the class list to submit grades.
If submitting midterm grades via Canvas, prior to submitting grades, complete the End of Semester Checklist via ISU AdminTools to ensure there are no hidden grades or ungraded submissions.
OPTION 1 – Submit midterm grades electronically on AccessPlus by 2:15 p.m. 3/6/2020
- AccessPlus grading is on the Faculty/Adviser tab, “Instructor Class List” menu.
- Instructors must complete three steps in the process – ENTER grades, SAVE each page, SUBMIT grades from the option in the left hand column.
- “Submit” is different from “Save”. A link to a demo is in the “Notice” section at the bottom of the AccessPlus grading screen.
- Midterm grades may be proofed via Display/Class List with Grades in the left column.
- Midterm grades may be submitted multiple times before the deadline.
- For help, call the Office of the Registrar at 515 294-1840 and ask for a Records staff member.
OPTION 2 – Submit midterm grades electronically on Canvas by 2:15 p.m. 3/6/2020
- Available if section offered as a Canvas course.
- Complete the “End of Semester Checklist” prior to submitting midterm grades, available via ISU AdminTools to check for hidden grades and ungraded submissions.
- Canvas grade submission is also done through ISU AdminTools inside your course menu.
- For help, call the Solution Center at 515-294-4000, press "2" for Faculty, press”2” for ISU specific Canvas tools; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Office of the Registrar collects C-, D+, D, D-, and F midterm grades, nonattendance, and last date of attendance notifications from the instructor and reports this information to students and their advisers via AccessPlus.
- Midterm class lists have been updated for adds/drops through Friday, February 21, 2020.
- Courses that are indicated as Satisfactory/Fail only in the 2019-2020 University Catalog should have the message "ONLY S-F GRADES ARE ALLOWED" displayed at the top of the page. Contact the Office of the Registrar if you find any discrepancies in the S-F only status of courses in your department.
- Midterm class counts will be available on e-Reports (RGSTN-Crse Count by Dept/Crse) starting February 22. Drops after the first week of classes are included in the count. For cross-listed courses, the enrollment on the class counts is the number of students enrolled in your department only. As such, the enrollment may not be the total course count.
- Graded class lists are available for departments on AccessPlus in E-reports. If your department needs this access or has any other problems or questions about electronic grading, please contact one of the following staff:
Amita Dayal email@example.com 4-1843
Linda Dunn firstname.lastname@example.org 4-1840
Mike Green email@example.com 4-1840
Denise Timberland firstname.lastname@example.org 4-0767
Jennifer Suchan email@example.com 4-8381
POLICY ON SUBMISSION OF MIDTERM GRADES
- Midterm class lists are available for all undergraduate courses (graduate and undergraduate student names are displayed), and for those graduate courses that have undergraduate students enrolled (only undergraduate student names are displayed). No midterm grade entry class lists have been provided for graduate level sections with only graduate students enrolled.
- It is university policy that midterm class lists for courses numbered 499 and below should be submitted. Courses numbered 500 or above should only be submitted if there are midterms to report for undergraduate students.
- Midterm grades do not need to be submitted for half term courses, submit final grades during final grade processing.