- Welcome 2018
- Faculty & Staff
- Academic Calendars
- Catalog & Degree Programs
- Degree Audits
- Distance Education
- Enrollment Statistics
- Graduation & Commencement
- Tuition & Fees
- Veterans Center
- Our Mission
- Contact Us
Systems Access Policy
Access to Student Records in ADIN and AccessPlus
Basic access to student records is handled by virtue of an instructor or adviser's assignment. Basic access to Class Lists for Instructors is assigned automatically through the Course Offering system by departmental or college staff. Basic access to an Adviser's assigned advisees is handled by automatic group assignment for new students or by individual assignment at the college level based on the individual adviser's responsibilities. Contact Denise 4-0767 email@example.com to have a faculty member designated as an adviser.
When a staff member needs access to Student Records in ADIN or Access Plus that is higher than adviser or Instructor level, the departmental administrative specialist or the departmental advising coordinator should request access using the service request form: http://www.it.iastate.edu/services/adin. Please be sure to include a person to model access after (preferrably a current employee or a recent employee).
You are also encouraged to utlize the form (http://www.it.iastate.edu/services/adin) when any employee (student, full-time, part-time) with access to student systems leave their job position so access can be removed.
Systems Access Procedures
Steps for Requesting ISUAS/ADIN Access
- If not installed, contact your college or departmental ITS staff (or the Solution Center at 4-4000) to have the TN3270 software installed.
- The departmental administrative specialist or the departmental advising coordinator should request ISUAS/ADIN access (Admissions, Grad College, Student Records, etc.) for departmental or college IT staff by using the service request form: http://www.it.iastate.edu/services/adin
- For degree audits and ereports contact the following:
a. If a staff or faculty member only needs degree audit access, contact Karen Terpstra: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Adviser updates (i.e. user deck): email@example.com
c. eReports access and updates: firstname.lastname@example.org
d. For reports related to grade processing or course/class lists, contact Denise Timberland: email@example.com