Iowa State Fall 2020 at a glance
Total Enrollment: 31,825
Undergraduate Total: 26,846 students
Graduate Students: 4,352 students
Professional Students: 627 students
Interesting Statistics 2020
- New direct from high school students (freshman class) of 5,071 students includes 3,053 Iowans.
- The freshman class has an average ACT score of 25 and an average high school GPA of 3.71.
- Students come from every county in Iowa, every state in the country, and from 109 countries.
- U.S. multicultural enrollment is a record 4,924 (15.5% of total enrollment).
- This fall, 17,911 Iowans are attending Iowa State (56.3% of the student body).
- A total of 2,592 international students enrolled at Iowa State in fall 2020, comprising 8.1% of the total enrollment.
- Of the total number of students enrolled in fall 2020, 14,543 (44%) were women and 18,848 (56%) were men.
- Of undergraduate students, 43% were women, while 83% of professional students were women and 45% of graduate students were women.
About the Data
Enrollment reports are released on the 10th academic day of the Fall and Spring semesters (early-September and late-January), and on the 10th day of the second summer session (late-June).
The above information was prepared by the Office of the Registrar, Iowa State University. Iowa State employees may access additional data through the Student Self-Service portal of e-Data via the uBusiness tab in AccessPlus. Supervisors can request employees have access to e-Data through this link. Additional public reports are available from Institutional Research.