Iowa State Fall 2022 at a glance
Total Enrollment: 29,969
Undergraduate Total: 25,241 students
Graduate Students: 4,094 students
Professional Students: 634 students
Interesting Statistics 2022
- New student enrollment is up, with 8,492 new students enrolling for Fall 2022. This includes 5,728 first-year students, an increase of 341 compared to Fall 2021.
- The first-year class is the most diverse class in Iowa State’s history, with a record 1,043 U.S. multicultural freshmen enrolling, representing 18.2% of the new first-year class.
- The academic profile of the first-year class is among ISU’s best—Average high school GPA is 3.71, matching the highest with Fall 2020.
- Students come from every county in Iowa, every state in the country, and from 114 countries.
- 59.3% of all enrolled students are in a STEM major at Iowa State University of Science and Technology.
- This fall, 16,696 Iowans are attending Iowa State (55.7% of the student body).
- A total of 2,443 international students enrolled at Iowa State in Fall 2022, comprising 8.2% of the total enrollment.
- Of the total number of students enrolled in Fall 2022, 13,552 (45.2%) were women and 16,417 (54.8%) were men.
- Of undergraduate students, 44% were women, while 83% of professional students were women and 45% of graduate students were women.
About the Data
Enrollment reports are released on the 10th academic day of the Fall and Spring semesters (early-September and late-January), and on the 10th day of the second summer session (late-June).
The above information was prepared by the Office of the Registrar, Iowa State University. Iowa State employees may access additional data through the Student Self-Service portal of e-Data via their OKTA Dashboard. Additional public reports are available from Institutional Research.