Verification/Proof of Enrollment
The Office of the Registrar provides verification or proof of enrollment for loan deferments, insurance companies, potential employers, scholarships, schools, and other entities that need a student's enrollment verified for a particular period of time. The Office of the Registrar may also provide information such as: class ranking, grade point average, course descriptions, tuition and fees, etc.
To verify your enrollment status at ISU, you need to be registered or enrolled in courses prior to the request. Full-time/part-time status is based on the number of credits in which you are registered or enrolled.
To Make a Request
**Please note: The U.S. Postal Service is experiencing significant delays in domestic and international mail delivery due to increases in the volume of mail combined with limited staffing due to COVID-19, and some countries have stopped accepting mail for certain periods of time. Please allow additional time for delivery of mailed letters or check with your recipient to see if they will accept a scanned copy of your letter via CyBox, preferably sent directly from our institution to the recipient. You may request CyBox delivery via the Verification Request Letter form in the "mail to" field.
- AccessPlus Student Self-Service: After the third week of classes to print and mail to a health insurer or other company that requests proof of enrollment, go to AccessPlus. From the student menu, select "Enrollment cert."
- For all other verifications, download the form from the Office of the Registrar forms web site, complete it and send to the Office of the Registrar in one of the following methods:
- e-mail the Verification Request Letter form and attachments (if applicable) to email@example.com
- (DO NOT send Social Security Number via email)
- fax to (515) 294-2034
- mail to: Office of the Registrar, 010 Enrollment Services Center, 2433 Union Dr.,
Ames, IA 50011-2042
- drop off in 010 Enrollment Services Center