Ordering Official Transcripts
*Note: The U.S. Postal System has experienced significant delays in domestic and international mail delivery, with some countries not accepting mail for certain periods of time. We strongly encourage you to order PDF transcripts whenever possible. Check with your recipient to see if they will accept PDF transcripts.
AccessPlus (A+) is available for students who attended Fall 1996 or more recently. On the Student tab, click "Grades&Transcripts", "Order Official Transcript".
Alumni who do not have access to A+ or do not remember their password may order directly from Credentials Solutions.
- Official transcripts - Iowa State University has partnered with Credentials Solutions to process all official transcripts. If you have earned college credit at Iowa State, you may order an official transcript. Transcripts must be ordered by the individual whose record is being requested. Transcripts may be ordered for mail or electronic delivery.
- Holds - The Office of the Registrar will not release official transcripts if you have a hold on your student record. Please contact the office that placed the hold to determine the resolution.
- Transcripts issues to student - Verify with third-party recipients if they will accept a transcript that is issued to the student prior to ordering, as some may not.
- PDF transcripts - Verify with third-party recipients if they will accept a secure PDF transcript prior to ordering, as some may not.
- Attachments - Attachments may be uploaded within the order form to be sent with transcripts. Approved attachments include transcript tracking and matching forms and documents verified by the Office of the Registrar. Other documents, such as resumes or transcripts from other institutions, must be sent under separate cover.
- Pick up service - Pick up service has been suspended indefinitely.
- End of semester grades and degrees - Grades are available on transcripts the day after the final grade submit deadline. Degrees are available on transcripts approximately three weeks after the end of the semester. On the order form you may select to process now, hold for grades, or hold for degrees. During the term, pending coursework does not appear on transcripts.
- Unofficial transcripts - Student names now appear on unofficial transcripts. Students enrolled Fall 1996 or later may print an unofficial transcript via A+. Be aware that unofficial transcripts are rarely accepted for official transactions. The Office of the Registrar does not provide unofficial transcripts.
- Delivery Time - Please allow a 1-2 business day processing time for all transcript orders. If requesting transcripts to be mailed, allow up to 15 business days for USPS domestic delivery and up to 30 business days for USPS international airmail delivery. If you need faster delivery, order a PDF or request FedEx delivery.
- Federal Express - FedEx services may be requested from Credentials Solutions within the order form. Additional charges apply and information can be found on the order website under Pricing and Payments. There is no charge for regular USPS or electronic delivery.
- Name change - To change the name on your record prior to ordering, email a name change request to email@example.com with applicable documentation. Documentation requirements can be found on our website at Name Change and Name and Sex Marker Change Policies. Place your transcript order after the name has been updated.