- Faculty & Staff
- Academic Calendars
- Catalog & Degree Programs
- Degree Audits
- Distance Education
- Enrollment Statistics
- Graduation & Commencement
- Tuition & Fees
- Veterans Center
- Our Mission
- Contact Us
Iowa State at a glance Fall 2016
Total Enrollment: 36,660 (an increase of 659 from last year)
Undergraduate Total: 30,671 (an increase of 637 from last year)
Graduate Students: 5,096 students
Professional Students: 586 students
Interesting Statistics 2016
- New direct from high school students (freshman class) is a record 6,325 (an increase of 94 from last year).
- Students come from every county in Iowa, every state in the country, and from 125 countries.
- This fall, 20,713 Iowans are attending Iowa State (56.5 percent of the student body).
- A total of 4,131 international students enrolled at Iowa State in fall 2016, comprising over 11% of the total enrollment.
- Of the total number of students enrolled in fall 2016, 15,763 (43%) were women and 20,897 (57%) were men.
- Of undergraduate students, 43% were women, while 79% of professional students were women and 41% of graduate students were women.
- Nearly one in four Iowa State students is either a minority or an international student. Total U.S. minority and international enrollment is 8,748 or 23.86% of the student body. U.S. minority enrollment is 4,617 (13% of total enrollment). For the past ten years, Iowa State has met or exceeded the 8.5% minority enrollment goal set by the Iowa Board of Regents.
About the Data
Enrollment reports are released on the 10th academic day of the Fall and Spring semesters (early September and late January), and on the 10th day of the second summer session (late June).
The above information was prepared by the Office of the Registrar, Iowa State University. Additional reports are available from Institutional Research.