- Faculty & Staff
- Academic Calendars
- Catalog & Degree Programs
- Degree Audits
- Distance Education
- Enrollment Statistics
- Graduation & Commencement
- Tuition & Fees
- Veterans Center
- Our Mission
- Contact Us
Iowa State at a glance Fall 2017
Total Enrollment: 36,321 (the second largest in school history)
Undergraduate Total: 30,406
Graduate Students: 4,991 students
Professional Students: 596 students
Interesting Statistics 2017
- New direct from high school students (freshman class) of 5,944 students includes 3,174 Iowans.
- The freshman class has an average ACT score of greater than 25 and an average high school GPA of 3.61.
- Students come from every county in Iowa, every state in the country, and from 127 countries.
- This fall, 19,843 Iowans are attending Iowa State (54.6 percent of the student body).
- A total of 4,115 international students enrolled at Iowa State in fall 2017, comprising over 11% of the total enrollment.
- Of the total number of students enrolled in fall 2017, 15,531 (43%) were women and 20,790 (57%) were men.
- Of undergraduate students, 43% were women, while 81% of professional students were women and 41% of graduate students were women.
- Nearly one in four Iowa State students is either a minority or an international student. Total U.S. minority and international enrollment is 8,789 or 24.2% of the student body. U.S. minority enrollment is 4,674 (13% of total enrollment). For the past eleven years, Iowa State has met or exceeded the 8.5% minority enrollment goal set by the Iowa Board of Regents.
About the Data
Enrollment reports are released on the 10th academic day of the Fall and Spring semesters (early September and late January), and on the 10th day of the second summer session (late June).
The above information was prepared by the Office of the Registrar, Iowa State University. Additional reports are available from Institutional Research.