- Faculty & Staff
- Academic Calendars
- Catalog & Degree Programs
- Degree Audits
- Distance Education
- Enrollment Statistics
- Graduation & Commencement
- Tuition & Fees
- Veterans Center
- Our Mission
- Contact Us
Iowa State at a glance Fall 2015
Total Enrollment: 36,001 (an increase of 1,269 from last year)
Undergraduate Total: 30,034 (an increase of 1,141 from last year)
Graduate Students: 5,096 students
Professional Students: 584 students
Interesting Statistics 2015
- Students come from every county in Iowa, every state in the country, and from more than 100 foreign countries.
- A total of 4,041 international students enrolled at Iowa State in fall 2015, comprising over 11% of the total enrollment.
- Of the total number of students enrolled in fall 2015, 15,641 (43%) were women and 20,350 (57%) were men.
- Of undergraduate students, 43% were women, while 78% of professional students were women and 42% of graduate students were women.
- More than one in five Iowa State students is either a minority or an international student. Total U.S. minority and international enrollment is 8,367 or 23.24 percent of the student body. U.S. minority enrollment is 4,326 (12 percent of total enrollment). For the past nine years, Iowa State has met or exceeded the 8.5 percent minority enrollment goal set by the Iowa Board of Regents.
About the Data
Enrollment reports are released on the 10th academic day of the Fall and Spring semesters (early September and late January), and on the 10th day of the second summer session (late June).
The above information was prepared by the Office of the Registrar, Iowa State University. Additional reports are available from Institutional Research.