- Faculty & Staff
- Academic Calendars
- Catalog & Degree Programs
- Degree Audits
- Distance Education
- Enrollment Statistics
- Graduation & Commencement
- Tuition & Fees
- Veterans Center
- Our Mission
- Contact Us
Cancel or Withdraw
Canceling Your Registration
Canceling your registration means you are dropping ALL your courses before the first day of the term. Other deadlines apply for some courses such as second half term courses.
If you have registered and will not attend classes, you must CANCEL your registration at least one day prior to the first meeting date of your earliest course to avoid tuition assessment. Your course meeting dates are listed on your AccessPlus class schedule.
The tuition adjustment schedule lists the last day to cancel registration to receive 100% tuition & fee adjustment for standard sessions. NOTE: Contact the Office of the Registrar Tuition and Fees Area for cancel dates for non-standard Summer Sessions.
You must notify Iowa State University of your intent to cancel your registration. To process a cancellation, download the form in pdf format and follow the instructions on the form; go to 10 Enrollment Services Center; or email email@example.com; or fax signed form to 515-294-2034.
Other offices to contact (if applicable):
- Office of Student Financial Aid: 0210 Beardshear Hall, Ames, IA 50011-2028
Phone: 515-294-2223, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Residence: 2419 Friley Hall, Ames, IA 50011
Phone: 515-294-2900, or email: email@example.com
You are subject to the policies and agreements related to textbook purchases, CyCash, etc.
- University Book Store: ISU Memorial Union, Ames, IA 50011
Textbooks Department: 515-294-5684, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return Policy: http://www.isubookstore.com
- ISU Card Office (CyCash): 0530 Beardshear Hall, Ames, IA 50011
Phone: 515-294-2727 or email at email@example.com
Withdrawing From the University
Withdrawing from the university means that you are dropping ALL your classes on or after the first day of the term.
To withdraw, you must contact your adviser or major professor to initiate the withdrawal process. Your tuition adjustment is subject to the tuition adjustment schedule and is based on the date you begin the withdrawal process. See the tuition adjustment schedule. You will also need to complete a Withdrawal Form.
- Financial Aid: If you withdraw during a term, make sure you know how your financial aid will be affected. Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid, 0210 Beardshear Hall, Ames, IA 50011-2028, or call: 800-478-2998 or 515-294-2223, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Withdrawal from the university does not terminate your housing accommodations. Whether you live in university housing, a fraternity or sorority, or off campus, you must abide by the conditions of your housing contract. If you have a contract for university housing, contact:
Department of Residence, 2419 Friley Hall, Ames, IA 50011, or call: 515-294-2900, or email: email@example.com.