- Faculty & Staff
- Academic Calendars
- Catalog & Degree Programs
- Degree Audits
- Distance Education
- Enrollment Statistics
- Graduation & Commencement
- Tuition & Fees
- Veterans Center
- Our Mission
- Contact Us
Transcripts can be ordered via the Web 24/7 through the National Student Clearinghouse. You can place as many orders as you like in one session using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed. Order updates are available via mobile text message and will also be emailed to you. You can also track your order online using your email address and order number. Copy and paste this link into your browser or go directly to: https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/secure_area/Transcript/login.asp?FICEcode=00186900
Transcripts are confidential records and must be ordered by the student whose record is being requested. (No email orders please.)
About your transcript request:
- Payment of $16 per copy must be made at the time of order. Currently enrolled students may apply the charges to their university bill.
- Transcripts released to students are stamped "Issued to Student." Some institutions will not accept transcripts unless mailed by the Registrar.
- For transcripts sent to more than two addresses, complete a separate form or attach a sheet listing additional addresses.
- Transcripts will not be released until delinquent accounts have been paid.
- Transcripts held for current session grades or degrees are mailed approximately two weeks after the end of the term.
- Transcripts held for pick up in 214 Enrollment Services Center must be claimed within 30 days. Picture identification is required to pick up transcripts.
Payment must be made at the time of the order (credit card orders are considered payment). All transcript requests must include the full name and former name(s), if applicable, used while attending ISU; current address; daytime phone number; birth date; university ID or last four digits of social security number; dates of attendance and degrees received at ISU; and the complete address of where the transcript is to be sent. Note: mailed and faxed requests must include your original signature. Computer generated signatures are not valid. Email orders are not accepted. You may use one of the methods below.
Attended After 1996
Use the AccessPlus order process if you were a student who attended Iowa State University in 1996 or later. You do not need to be currently enrolled to use AccessPlus, but you will need your AccessPlus password. After login, select the "Student" tab and then "Grades and Transcripts." If you do not know your password, you may contact the Office of the Registrar at (515) 294-1840 to set up a new password or use the fax or mail options listed below.
Attended Before 1996
If you attended Iowa State University before 1996 use either the fax or mail method as described below.
Mail or FAX
FAX: Avoid duplication! Either fax or mail; please do not do both. You will be charged for duplicate orders. Download the form OR write a letter including signature and the detailed information listed above under Ordering. FAX to 515-294-1088
Mail: Avoid duplication! Either fax or mail; please do not do both. You will be charged for duplicate orders. Download the form, complete the form on your computer using Adobe Acrobat Reader (your original signature must be included) OR write a letter including signature and the detailed information listed above under Ordering.
Mail your request to:
Office of the Registrar
Iowa State University
214 Enrollment Services Center
2433 Union Dr.
Ames, IA 50011-2042
Complete a transcript request form, available in the lobby of 214 Enrollment Services Center.