- Faculty & Staff
- Academic Calendars
- Catalog & Degree Programs
- Degree Audits
- Distance Education
- Enrollment Statistics
- Graduation & Commencement
- Tuition & Fees
- Veterans Center
- Our Mission
- Contact Us
Ordering Official Transcripts
If you have earned college credit at Iowa State University, you may order an official transcript. Transcripts must be ordered by the individual whose record is being requested.
NEW! Names now appear on unofficial transcripts!
AccessPlus unofficial transcripts are now available with student names for students who attended Iowa State fall 1996 or after. Simply go to your AccessPlus account and print. Please be aware that unofficial transcripts are rarely accepted for official transactions.
Some things to be aware of...
- End of semester grades - If you would like the most recent semester grades and/or degrees to be included on the transcript, it is best to place your order approximately three weeks after the end of the semester, to allow time for grade processing and degree verification.
- Unofficial transcripts - Student names now appear on copies of unofficial transcripts. The Office of the Registrar does not provide unofficial transcripts. However, if you were enrolled Fall 1996 or later, you may print an unofficial copy of your transcript through AccessPlus . Be aware that unofficial transcripts are rarely accepted for official transactions.
"Issued to Student" transcripts - Transcripts released to students are stamped "Issued to Student." Please check with the recipient to ensure they will accept a transcript that has been issued to a student, as some will not.
Third party PDF transcripts - For PDFs going to a third party, please check with the recipient to ensure they will accept a PDF transcript, as some will not.
- Holds - The Office of the Registrar will not release official transcripts if you have a hold on your student record. To view hold information, log into AccessPlus, click on the student tab and select "current student information" on the left.
- Picking up a paper transcript - Transcripts held for pick up in 214 Enrollment Services Center must be claimed within 30 days. A photo ID is required to pick up transcripts.
- Delivery Time - Please allow up to 15 business days for domestic USPS delivery and up to 30 business days for international airmail delivery. If you need faster delivery, please call our office at 515-294-1840.